APPLY NOW!!! Portal For 5 Days Empowerment Program On Digital Skills and Entrepreneurship Is Opened Here’s The Guide On How To Apply
The National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA), under the supervision of Ministry of Communications and Digital Economy calls on Nigerians Living with Disability in Port Harcourt, Rivers State to apply for a 5-Day Empowerment Programme on Digital Skills and Entrepreneurship.
Application opens today, 11th January, 2022 and closes on 18th January, 2022.
One of the set mandates of NITDA is to create IT awareness and ensure universal access in order to promote IT diffusion in all sectors of our national life. In line with this, NITDA is extending capacity development programme to Persons Living with Disabilities (PLWDs) to promote the Digital Inclusion Policy of NITDA’s amongst this sector.
The vision of the Honorable Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Prof. Isa Ali Ibrahim (Pantami), FNCS, FBCS, FIIM ensures that the entire citizenry is empowered through Information Technologies with the development of a critical mass of IT proficient and globally competitive manpower.
Read this also
Empowering persons living with disabilities is important for inclusive, equitable and sustainable skills as envisaged in the National Digital Economy Policy and Strategy of the Federal Ministry of Communications and Digital Economy, which pledges to “leave no one behind”.
This capacity development programme is an annual program for Persons Living with Disabilities (PLWDs) with this edition scheduled for South-South, Nigeria; taking place in Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
The objectives of the training and empowerment are:
• to facilitate and enhance Digital Inclusion among the participants;
• to enable participants become competent in innovatively employing the tools of technology to enhance living and in discharge of their job requirements;
• to give effect to he implementation of Strategic Roadmap and action plan (SRAP) initiatives focusing on Digital literacy, Digital innovation and entrepreneurship;
• give an insight on a series of IT tools that implicitly support creative and innovative learning;
• to enhance participants’ Digital literacy, internet research skills and presentation skills.
At the end of the training, participants will be provided with working tools and should be able to:
• use IT in creating sustainable employment;
• empower 30 people living with disability with digital tools.
• enable persons living with disability become self reliant after the digital empowerment.
• be self-reliant.
Register link: https://plwd.nitda.gov.ng
NB: The programme is only for those from the South-South, Nigeria.
Click Here to Apply