Lead Software Engineer
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Software Engineer
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Lead Software Development Engineer– Exciting opportunity for a Java Technical Lead to work in the Payments domain leading a team of Java Developers and managing an off-shore team. You will be responsible for recruiting & mentoring the team, performing Scrum & project management of all development work, overseeing the development of User Stories, creating development specification briefs for outsourced work and performing code reviews. This is a vital role responsible for planning, coordinating and supervising all activities related to design, development and implementation.
All About You :
• Strong knowledge of Java technologies (Core Java, Spring Integration, Spring Boot, Hibernate, REST/SOAP web services).
• Excellent Oracle Database and SQL skills.
• Development Tool Kit (Bitbucket, Jenkins, Atlassian suite).
• Excellent approach to solution design for simplicity, scalability and future agility.
• Experience in Test-Driven Development (TDD)/Behaviour-Driven Development (BDD).
• Strong knowledge of automated build and deployment and continuous integration.
• Participate in technical design activities across the various technology domain specific teams to ensure that the overall technical design is complete and in-line with Non-Functional Requirements, Solution Architecture and System Functional Design specifications.
• Desire to continuously improve craft of software development and adhere to best practices and standards.
• Liaise with the Technical lead, Solution Architects, Product Managers, Release Managers and Application services and testing teams as applicable to ensure quality delivery.
• Experience of all aspects of Scrum & project management for the software development activities in both internal & external teams (eg backlog grooming, Agile process ownership, sprint planning and capacity measurement).
• Excellent communication, organizational and problem solving skills
• You will to be able to understand user stories and requirements, contribute to proposed solution designs, and translate these into coded features or solutions that are simple, functional, scalable, and maintainable.
• Problem solver and solution-seeking approach
• Agile/Scrum experience
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of management
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.