Director Marketing Consulting, Data and Services (MEA and Eastern European Markets)
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director Marketing Consulting, Data and Services (MEA and Eastern European Markets)
The Data & Services organization is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include payments-focused consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, business Test & Learn experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services.
Our Managed Services capabilities focus on the creation and delivery of data-driven digital marketing product innovation, and execution for financial institutions, governments, and merchants.
• To manage the delivery of the Managed Services (Marketing), Advisors Digital Acquisition product suite across the MEA region.
• Provide marketing consultancy as well as to deliver digital acquisition solutions executing at a superior standard in a timely and efficient manner.
• He/she should be able to lead, influence drive and deliver the digital marketing agenda internally and with partners across all key marketing strategies and initiatives to achieve key business objectives and strong returns of marketing investments.
• The key deliverables are as follows:
Digital Acquisition – support, plan, execute and measure targeted digital acquisition capabilities and digital marketing campaigns across Paid, Owned, and Earned channels.
Customer acquisition strategies – initiate ideas and implement marketing initiatives with external agencies, banks and/or partners to design and execute marketing initiatives and programs
New product launches and card conversions – experienced in end to end new product launches as new cards for issuers or retailers, new loyalty programs and/or card conversions, ability to analyze existing processes, strategize, plan, execute to go to market and post launch management.
Media planning, channels management and deployment – Media management as well as ATL & BTL planning and implementation. Well-versed in digital, fully-integrated omni-channels planning, development and implementation. Good understanding of web analytics, ad, data, and tracking platforms including Google Tag Manager, Analytics and Data Studio CRM and automation experience
Digital marketing – experienced and well-versed in end-to-end digital marketing which includes analytical review of media strategies and plans, trouble shoot and work with partners to propose successful results-driven digital marketing strategies. Ability to hone in on trends and insights and propose innovative and strategic digital marketing solutions that drive value and results
Analytics & portfolio management – leveraging, interpreting and analyzing data and insights to plan and implement marketing initiatives. This includes customer
Retention and loyalty marketing strategies
Marketing Consultancy – review, analyze and present clear and strategic recommendations to deliver result-driven marketing solutions that span across different functions and disciplines. He/she should be able to leverage media insights and trends as well as consumer insights to design effective results-driven marketing and communication strategies.
Stakeholder management – strong interpersonal skills to liaise and co-ordinate with agencies, Mastercard stakeholders, issuers and partners
Strategic planning & implementation – ability to strategize, ideate, plan and execute digital marketing strategies and campaigns as well as tracking and measuring results
Analytics & portfolio management – leveraging, interpreting and analyzing data and insights to plan and implement marketing initiatives. This includes customer retention and loyalty marketing strategies
Marketing support and administration – support and co-ordinate with internal and external parties to process payments and to ensure timely submission for financials through Mastercard’s core systems
End-to-end management of the cluster/market business development activities- working closely with the business development team members for pitching and scoping of new engagements
Overseeing the delivery of various projects within the cluster/market: to ensure quality and timely delivery on various projects in collaboration with the managed services team members
Product development- support the product resource/s in identifying the key market needs and the development of relevant products that can cater to these needs with all associated pricing and key deliverables
Targets & KPIs – Ensure all critical KPIs are met or exceeded including: Regional digital P&L, Scalability (number of scalable projects regionally) and Contribution to regional MS goals
• Well versed with the payments market and media scene in Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa. This includes on and offline channels, so he/she can work with Mastercard and stakeholders to implement highly successful integrated, digital, ATL and BTL marketing campaigns
• Well versed in managing marketing and creative development processes end to end
• Strong digital and social media knowledge and has managed major campaigns end-to-end. These should include: acquisition, contactless, spend, loyalty and brand initiatives
• Ability to support and complement client’s various processes and overall marketing processes end to end
• Strong ability to manage multiple time sensitive projects across multiple disciplines at one go and is competent in managing projects of scale with multiple deliverables
• Highly analytical and results oriented; with adept ability to interpret internal and external data and insights to provide effective marketing recommendations and follow through the projects with immaculate and timely and hands-on execution
• Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills with stakeholders of different seniority
• Expert in digital and offline marketing strategies and programs and these include understanding analytics and data, design and implement roadmaps and programs with the most impactful results
• Firm grasp of AdTech, MarTech, Mobile and Performance Marketing landscape with ability to identify the right partners via requirements and specs. Solid experience in digital marketing technology, payments product management, and project management.
• Ability to adapt and is able to perform efficiently against tight timelines and is equally efficient in ambiguous situations and projects
• Strong knowledge of managing the P&L at the project and market level
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.