Director, Human Resources Business Partner
Director, Human Resources Business Partner
To support the business in Poland (main focus), Czech Republic, Slovakia and the Netherlands with the operational management of all HR activities, with the primary aim to attract, motivate, develop and retain high caliber talent for the longer term, in line with the Mastercard Talent Strategy.
Reporting to the VP HR Business Partner, the Director HR Business Partner will be responsible for supporting predominantly the leaders and employees based in Poland ( main focus), Czech Republic, Slovakia, and the Netherlands in the executional delivery of the strategic HR drivers, goals and initiatives aligned with the business goals.
This role has a broad remit which covers all HR disciplines, including providing advice and HR solutions which positively impact the business to our clients, implementing programs, policies and procedures in the areas of compensation and benefits, learning and development, performance management, succession and talent management, talent acquisition and employee relations. A key element of this role will be to project manage and facilitate the implementation of corporate and global initiatives across the Market, in partnership with the VP HR.
Key accountabilities of the role:
• Partner with senior management and people managers in the execution of all HR initiatives, programs, policies and procedures in support of the business goals, e.g., Performance Management process, Talent Reviews and annual compensation cycle.
• Partner with other HR Business leaders, Global and European HR colleagues to create pragmatic solutions to complex HR related matters within the business.
• Participate in business function team and business update meetings, in order to build and maintain a good level of business acumen, and to ensure alignment of HR initiatives and practices to business goals.
• Partner with the business to drive organizational change; creating appropriate and clear organization structures, clear roles, responsibilities and objectives.
• Ensure quality talent is hired into the organization and oriented on an efficient basis. Ensure that the right people are employed in the right roles at the right time.
• Provide advice and coaching to the business managers on the development of employees, e.g., talent management, career development, leveraging the performance management process and feedback, and creating succession plans.
• Act as a practitioner on all ER related areas, to ensure that all issues are handled efficiently and effectively e.g., practical application of work place policies and procedures, redeployments, disciplinaries and grievances.
• Partner with European and Global HR colleagues to build relationships and knowledge, in order to achieve objectives and to build knowledge of the Market cross-boarders, evolving a local Market driven approach.
• Ensure that HR knowledge and expertise is maintained current through attending internal and external events, conferences, and training and through various media and networking.
All About You
The knowledge and skills necessary to perform the duties of this position are typically acquired through the following combination of education, experience and knowledge or the equivalent.
• significant HR experience (already in HRBP and Generalist support work) gained within fast moving and changing environments
• A customer focused approach towards delivering value-add efficient HR service to our clients
• Project management skills and experience
• Team commitment, flexibility, communication and influencing skills
• Working knowledge and expertise across all HR disciplines, with particular emphasis on change management, employee relations, organization design and performance management.
• Sound level of business acumen, solutions and results oriented mind-set.
• Strong relationship and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to build and maintain effective cross-border relationships with colleagues.
• Ability to manage through matrix structures on an international basis is pivotal.
• Ability to manage through change and ambiguity are pre-requisites.
• Knowledge of social legislation, labor law and compensation/benefits
• Analytical skills with strong data privacy focus
• Solid knowlegde in HR & (labor)Law
• Master Degree / MBA .
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.