NIN Update:Here Are The Easy Steps On How To Check Your National Identity Card Status Online.
CHECK YOUR NIN STATUS ONLINE
National Identity management commission is saddled with the task to provide the citizens of Nigeria with Nigerian National Identity Card.
NIMC operates and regulates matters of national identity in Nigeria with services surrounding National Identification Number (NIN) enrolment and issuance, National e-ID card issuance, identity verification including data harmonization, and authentication.
The body registers every Nigerian citizen in the database and gives identification number, and identity card.
The National Identity Management Commission (NIMC), has made it possible for Nigerian citizens who registered for the national identity card scheme to check the status of their national identity card.
There is a portal where you can log in and check if your National ID card is ready for collection or has been sent to the activation Centre.
All you need is access to an internet connection and some devices like your phone, tablet, or computer to open the website.
Easy Steps To Check Your National Identity Card Status Online.
To check if your National ID card is ready, follow the steps below to check the status of your National Identity card online. Make sure the PIN given to you at your National Identity card registration center is intact.
Follow the steps below to check your NIMC status online:
- First and foremost, log on to nimc.gov.ng.
- You then click on the ”Proceed Button”
- Fill all the required personal details or information: First Name, Last Name, and National Identification Number.
- After that click, the bottom “Check Now” to see your status.
You can check your NIN Status online with *346# using any Mobile Line.
Follow the above steps to know the availability of your National Identity Card:
National e-ID Card Issuance
NIMC commission operates, creates, and manages a database of the identity card system. Endeavour to read down carefully to obtain your NIMC Status Online in a hitch-free process.
What are The Requirements for the National e-ID Card Collection and Activation?
- A Customer receives Batch ID Number via SMS.
- An Applicant must have a 4 digit secret pin (only known to them) for the e-ID Card activation.
- Applicant’s fingerprints will be used for activation (for applicants with fingers only).
What’s The Process of Card Activation?
- Card Owners should walk into the nearest NIMC Card collection Centre and present the text message or email printouts received from NIMC with the batch ID.
- The Card Operations Support Officer uses the batch ID extracted from the Card Owner’s SMS in order to sort out his/her Card.
- The Activation Officer after sorting the Card gives the Card Owner the e-ID Card to confirm his/her Names and Address on the Card Envelope.
- Following the Card Owner’s confirmation, the Card Owner is advised to open the card envelope, bring out the e-ID Card, and verify the Names, Date of Birth, and Image on the face of the e-ID Card before Activation is done.
- If the information on the e-ID Card is satisfactory to the Card Owner, the Activation officer will collect the e-ID Card from the Card owner for a Match-on-Card (MOC) Verification.
- After the Match-on-Card (MOC) verification, the Activation Officer will then Activate the Electronic Public Key Infrastructure (ePKI), Electronic ID (eID), International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Applet and Europay-MasterCard-Visa (EMV) Applet Using a four-digit password created by the Card Owners (and only known to the card owner).
- The National e-ID Card will be returned to the Card owner after the activation is completed.
Service Fee: The service fee is FREE
Timeline: Immediate collection
Availability: Services are between Monday – Friday (8 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
Dependencies: Availability of Network
NOTICE: It is important you note that only Nigerian citizens who have received an SMS can visit the NIMC Card collection Centre near you to obtain their Cards as you are directed in the SMS.
No one else can receive your National e-ID Card on your behalf. For you to qualify for a National e-ID Card, ensure that you are enrolled and have a National Identification Number (NIN).