Call For Application: Apply PostDoc Position in Applied International Trade and Industrial Organization at Department of Agricultural & Applied Economic, Texas Tech University.
Postdoctoral Research Associate Position
The Department of Agncultural and Applied Economics at Texas Tech University is seeking
applications for a postdoctoral research associate position in the arcas of mternatonal trade and industry organization. The successful candidate will work on projects related to intemational trade (Rocardian, Heckscher-Ohlin, New Trade, and Firm-Level Trade Theory, gravity model estimation, trade policy analysis, regsonal trade agreements, nontanff measures, and trade disputes) and industrial organization (market power, pricing sirategses, competsion policy, and mergers). The postdoctoral researchers will work with Dr. Stephen Devadoes, graduate and undergraduate students, and a team of mnter-university researchers.
The successful candsdate is:
- expected to collaborate in cosuthornng high-quality publications m economucs and agncultural
- economucs as weil as writing grant proposals.
- The position will be renewed annually besed an funding availability and performance. The
- screcning of the applicatrons wiil begin August 1, 2022 and the position will remain open until it filled.
- PhD in economics or agricultural economics.
- Course work and research expenence in theoretical and empincal international Trade and Industral Organization, and Applied Econometncs.
- Strong oral and writien communications.
Proficiency in R. Python, Stata, GAMS, Mathematical Software, Machine Learning.
Expenence in wnting grant proposals,
Expenence working with large data sets, econometric estimations, calibration and simulation
models (trade and 10 models, spatial equilibrum models, and CGE models).
Applicants should submit a cover letter, CV, undergraduate and graduate transcnpts, rescarch
statement, job markct paper, and the names and contact information for three references.
Contact Dr. Stephen Devadoss (Stephen.Devafoss@ttu.edu) for additponal questions.
Send all the application documents as a single PDF file to Stephen.Devafoss@ttu.edu