Apply For Director, Business Technical Solutions for Merchants & Commerce
Director, Business Technical Solutions for Merchants & Commerce
The Customer Solutions Center is a new structure which enables Mastercard to develop better solutions & bundles for prioritized customer segments in markets.
Act as a technology expert for their geography or segment portfolio:
• Understand merchants‘ and acquirers’ needs and current/future technological stack
• Closely coordinate with solution specialists to understand product functional capabilities and technical integration requirements
• Works with solution architect and solution specialists to recommend new needs-based solutions & bundles to customers to address key customer “pain points.”
• Provide internal intel to the CSCL/Solution Architect on what is ready and roadmap timelines from a technology perspective
Support CSC value proposition development and sale:
• Defines a locally relevant and globally scalable solution design based on existing Mastercard and partner 3rd party assets.
• Provides tech-functional support in pre-sales narrative development and client conversations
• Leads pre-scoping, pre-sales technical discovery and mapping to client environment
• Map technical specifications of the proposed solution to the client architecture
• Bring technology related budget discussions, in collaboration with Finance, to SA and squad team for problem solving
• Identifies, readies and manages the local system integrators required to roll-out the new solutions/products in the market
• Collaborate with the appropriate client teams to develop integration methodology of the new solution in the client environment
• Closely coordinate with Market Delivery/TAMs or O&T Technical Consultants to ensure that post-sales handover is smooth
• Manage handover to the implementation teams of MA and clients to ensure that the right technical integration roadmap has been laid out
• Address technical concerns, ideas and suggestions related to proposed value propositions
Knowledge, insights and best practice sharing:
• Shares best practices with Technical Architect community
• Provides input to the product/solution groups and technology leads to enhance their product/solution and platforms to meet the needs of customers in the market
All about You
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Management Information Systems or equivalent combination of relevant experience and education
• Operational /technical background within the retail, (e)Commerce and/or payments and financial services industries.
• Prior Implementation, product management experience in payments/commerce domain platforms like Acquiring processing, gateway solutions, eCommerce shop systems, merchant fraud & risk solutions etc. is an advantage.
• Prior experience with payment ecosystem players (Merchants, PSP, Loyalty Platforms, Gateway’s, Acquirers & Commerce Providers)
• Experience in product development and/or business analysis
• Knowledge of techniques for requirements capture and specification and the ability to balance tactical commercial needs against the needs of strategic Product & architecture
• Understanding of APIs or working in new product departments
• Prior knowledge of Mastercard Products and Services is a plus
• Problem solving, product documentation, and project management skills.
• Able to manage ambiguity and conflict on the way to success