Manager, Communications, Sustainability & Strategic Growth
The Manager of Communications, Sustainability, will lead on the development of strategic communications programs and campaigns to advance Mastercard’s reputation as a leader in ESG with a focus on environmental sustainability and climate-based initiatives. This includes:
• Spearheading campaigns to build awareness, thought leadership and advocacy for the brand, highlighting how the company is delivering on its ESG commitments to foster an inclusive and sustainable digital economy.
• Identifying and managing media, event and digital content opportunities connected to cultural moments such as Earth Day, Climate Week and COP, as well as important business and corporate milestones.
• Aligning to the Strategic Growth area, while engaging with and supporting a cross-section of Mastercard executives (including our Chief Sustainability Officer) and business units (including the Center for Inclusive Growth, Product and D&S) focused on our sustainability and climate-based efforts.
• Working closely with other external-facing teams in Communications, Public Affairs, and Marketing to ensure seamless alignment of messaging.
• Establishing strong relationships with priority media targets to deliver coverage for relevant campaigns and positioning for the business that reinforces Mastercard’s priorities.
• Managing and mitigating issues, by building strong relationships with business stakeholders to ensure early warning and sharing of information.
• Partnering with global and regional communications teams to tailor programs based on understanding of local business needs and priorities.
• Leveraging measurement tools to assess and share the impact of communications programs and initiatives.
All About You
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college/university
• A passion for delivering social impact and supporting environmental and sustainability focused initiatives
• Excels in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
• Ability to navigate the complexities of Mastercard with speed and sensitivity, both within the communications function globally and among all other functions and businesses
• Experience in developing and implementing effective communication strategies, specifically proactive earned media and campaigning
• Experience dealing with tier one international media
• Experience working with NGOs, academic institutions, government stakeholders and policy makers advantageous
• Experience effectively working with digital and social media platforms
• Experience in complex risks and issues management
• Ability to translate complex business, social impact, and policy issues material into easily understood and actionable programs
• Experience in creative communications development, thought leadership, and associated measurement strategies
• Able to move projects forward and against tight deadlines
• Thrives working with others in a team setting to accomplish shared goals
• Strong project management and organizational skills
• Excellent judgment, interpersonal and relationship building skills
• Excellent writing skills