𝐇𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐊𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐏𝐡𝐃 𝐅𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩 𝐒𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐦𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐜𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐜 𝐒𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟑/𝟐𝟒 𝐎𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝟏𝐬𝐭 𝐒𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟐
Candidates who are seeking admission as new full-time PhD students in the following eight universities, irrespective of their country of origin, prior work experience and ethnic background, should be eligible to apply.
• City University of Hong Kong
• Hong Kong Baptist University
• Lingnan University
• The Chinese University of Hong Kong
• The Education University of Hong Kong
• The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
• The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
• The University of Hong Kong
Applicants should demonstrate outstanding qualities of academic performance, research ability/potential, communication and interpersonal skills, and leadership abilities.
The Fellowship provides an annual stipend of HK$325,200 (approximately US$41,690) and a conference and research-related travel allowance of HK$13,600 (approximately US$1,740) per year for each awardee for a period up to three years. 300 PhD Fellowships will be awarded in the 2023/24 academic year*. For awardees who need more than three years to complete the PhD degree, additional support may be provided by the chosen universities. For details, please contact the universities concerned directly.
* Universities in Hong Kong normally start their academic year in September.
• Science, Medicine, Engineering and Technology
• Humanities, Social Science and Business Studies
• Academic excellence;
• Research ability and potential;
• Communication and interpersonal skills; and
• Leadership abilities.
𝐂𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚 𝟏𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐞𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐥𝐬𝐨 𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐥𝐲.
𝐀𝐩𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞: 𝟏st 𝐃𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟐 (𝟏𝟏:𝟓𝟗𝐩𝐦 𝐇𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐊𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞).