Call For Application: Apply Senior Software Engineer, Site Reliability Engineering
Senior Software Engineer, Site Reliability Engineering
The Integrated Consumer Solutions (ICS) team is looking for strong, innovative engineers to help lead and enhance Mastercard’s next generation of Digital Payment products that change how our customers choose to pay. We are looking for engineers who can bring unique perspectives and innovative ideas to all areas of development and are interested in continuing to improve our platform through the ever-changing technology landscape.
In this role, our mission is to bridge gaps between Software Engineering, Operations, Internal and External Partners by strengthening relations, safely progressing engineering feature delivery and commitments. Through this role we shortened feedback loops add collaborative focus on lowering operational overhead, provide exemplary capacity management, increased availability & resiliency, and reduced latency to the various products in the ICS program. So, we need engineers with an operations mindset.
An ideal candidate is someone who works well with a cohesive team-oriented group of engineers, has a passion for developing, improving and implementing great software, enjoys solving problems in a challenging environment.
• Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, performance engineering, chaos testing, capacity planning and launch reviews.
• Engage with customers during all the phases of the product life cycle and enable them towards onboarding, integration, implementation and help them go live.
• Increase, maintain and communicate service performance once live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, performance and overall system health.
• Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms, like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability, velocity and recommend performance tuning approaches.
• Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
• Review production incidents to identifying and driving solutions to prevent recurrence.
• Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
• Look at all tasks with an eye for automation; then work to automate them.
• Build, manage and maintain robust dashboards reflecting system health.
• Applies expert technical capabilities across discipline(s) to coach and mentor technical talent.
All About You
• Excellent verbal and written communication to a variety of audience with various levels of technical acumen
• Experience with Dynatrace, Splunk, or SQL, or desire and ability to learn
• Interest and ability to learn new coding languages, frameworks, and paradigms as needed
• IT experience including demonstrating thought-leadership and relationship building across large-scale organizations
• Advanced knowledge and understanding of Software Engineering Concepts and Methodologies
• Experience with static analysis tools to improve software quality
• Knowledge of CI/CD platforms (Jenkins, Bamboo, Concourse, etc) along with Devops skills and having worked on Java, Microservices and cloud technologies.
• Degree in technical related field, or equivalent experience
• Experience with BitBucket, Maven, Jenkins and Java/Scala or Gatling
• Experience with performance tuning of cloud-native applications
• Experience working across teams to troubleshoot complex issues and provide guidance
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.